The CatWalk Cat Door for installation through glass or thin panel doors features a multi-magnetic system which is similar to electromagnetic doors, without having the problems often associated with these types of doors, such as battery or electrical failure. No batteries are required, which eliminates ongoing running costs. This system is operated with ever-lasting Multi-Super Magnets. No maintenance is required other than the occasional cleaning.
You may leave town without worrying about your pet being locked out or in due to battery or electrical failure. This is a unique feature of this patented door. A small magnet (about 2 inches long) is attached to the pet collar, which activates the Multi-Magnets operating the opening latch to allow pet entry. Once the pet has entered the pet door, the system will automatically close the latch.
PLEASE NOTE: This magnetic cat door will keep out strays and other animals that are not wearing a collar key. However, this door does not restrict access to the outdoors unless you manually lock it. In other words, any pet inside your home can go out this door, with or without a collar-key.
CatWalk Magnetic Cat Door for Glass - Dimensions:
- Generous flap size 170mm x 155mm (6 3/4" x 6 1/4")
- Cutout: 9.6" circle
CatWalk Magnetic Cat Door for Glass - Features:
- Multi-Magnetic opening system eliminates batteries and electrical failure.
- Lifetime super magnets keep stray cats out
- No maintenance required
- May be installed by the home handy man in thin panel doors, use a professional glazier if installing through glass.
- Simple Installation using only 4 screws
- Environmentally friendly (may be recycled)
- External V-seal
- Flap made from high impact plastic (Makrolon from Bayer of Germany)
- UV stabilized
- Composite molded TPR flap seal
- Automatic magnetic flap closing
- 2 collar magnets supplied
- Self-lining frames
- Self drains condensation build up and moisture
- 4-way locking system for manual use if required (In, Out, In & Out and Locked)
NOTE: Magnetic cat doors are designed for cats older than 9 months of age; we do not advise fitting magnetic collars to kittens. We do not advise installation by the home handy man, this is a job for your local professional glazier.