The Charley Bar gives you the option to better secure your sliding door when a pet door has been installed. The Charley Bar installs behind the sliding glass door and locks the slider against the pet door creating a better seal because it puts pressure on the back of the patio door making it close tighter.
If you install a normal pin lock instead of a Charley Bar and try to get the seal closed as tight as you can, it becomes hard to insert or remove the pin. The Charley Bar is a sturdy, useful, and easy to use device when it comes to improving your security.
Adjustable Security Bar Features:
- Adjustable length from 28" to 48"
- Available in White or Satin color
- Mounted about half way up the jamb behind the sliding door.
- When positioned against the sliding door, the sliding door cannot be opened
- Sliding door must be on the inside track in order for the Charley Bar to work