Garmin Astro DC-40 GPS Dog Tracking Collar - Features:
- Compatible with the Astro 320 handheld and the Astro 220 handheld receiver.
If you don't own an Astro GPS handheld receiver see the Garmin Astro DC-40 Combo. It comes complete with a 320 receiver and a DC-40 Collar.
- Range: up to nine miles when used with the Astro 320 GPS handheld; up to seven miles when used with the Astro 220 GPS handheld receiver.
- Includes rechargeable and replaceable Lithium-Ion battery pack and battery charging cradle. Approximate battery life:
With 5 second update rate = 17 hours
With 10 second update rate = 27 hours
With 30 second update rate = 36 hours
With 2-minute update rate = 48 hours
- Both the transmitter and the collar are rugged and waterproof
- The 1" collar strap is covered in polyurethane for added durability and is bright orange for increased visibility. The strap is longer to fit neck sizes 9" – 22" and is easy to replace since you can use any 1" dog collar strap.
- 14" whip-style VHF antenna
- The Astro 320 and the Astro 220 handheld receiver can track up to 10 dogs.
- Total Weight: 8 ozs. (collar strap, antenna, transmitter, battery pack)
- Collar transmitter dimensions: 3.5"W x 1.75"H x 1.25"D
DC-40 Collar Improvements (over DC-30 Collars):
- The collar transmitter is now self-contained. The GPS antenna is inside the collar transmitter and that allows you to mount the DC-40 on any collar that is 1" wide. This is fantastic if you also use an eCollar while hunting as it eliminates the need for your dog to have to wear two collars.
- More durable, polyurethane-coated collar strap (1" wide) to hold up over repeated exposure to tough conditions. It's longer too and will fit neck sizes from 9" to 22".
- The Garmin Astro DC-40 collar now comes with a charging cradle which is really great news. In the past you plugged the charger directly into the collar transmitter. The problem with that was the charging port on the collar transmitter would often get filled with all kinds of dirt and other debris when your dog was out in the field.
That problem has been completely eliminated. The charging contacts on the collar transmitter are now flat, simply wipe them off if they get dirty. In addition, the charging system now displays a light to indicate when the transmitter is completely charged. This avoids any guesswork on your part.
- Improved security: Now you can select your own 4-digit security code that must be entered on the Astro 220 handheld unit to enable it to track your dog. This prevents unauthorized folks from tracking your dog which is particularly useful during competitive events.
- They've added a two-minute update rate that will add battery life. You still have the options of update rates of 5, 10 and 30 seconds.
Garmin Astro DC-40 Dog Tracking Collar Package Includes:
- DC-40 GPS collar transmitter
- Heavy-duty, polyurethane-coated, bright orange collar strap
- Rechargeable and replaceable Lithium-Ion battery pack
- Charging cradle
- Car charger adapter
- Wall charger adapter (any household 110v outlet)