Self-framing and self-supporting design of Hale pet doors make it easy to install in almost any door.
Hale Pet Door door-mount models can be installed through wood doors, metal doors, hollow core doors, raised panel doors and even French doors.
All Hale Pet Door models are made with an emphasis on quality, energy efficiency, safety and security. Hale Pet Doors have been rated highest in insulating and sealing capabilities, insuring protection against wind and insect intrusion.
Hale Pet Door Specifications:
Width x Height
Rough Cut Opening
Width x Height
Recommended Pet Size
||5 1/2" x 7 1/2"
||7 3/8" x 9 3/8"
||Very small cats only up to 8 lbs
Shoulder height up to 7"
|6 1/2" x 9 1/2"
||8 1/2" x 11 1/2"
||Most cats and small dogs 6 - 12 lbs
Shoulder height 9" to 13"
Important Information: The size Small pet door is not suitable for any size dog and is meant only for the smallest of cats. For the health and safety of any cat in excess of 8 lbs. we strongly recommend that you consider the next size up which has an additional 2" in height and an extra 1" in width.
- Flaps are made of flexible 3/16" clear PVC vinyl
- Choose Standard Single Flap or Optional Double Flaps (an additional charge)
- Optional Double Flap (one flap on each door surface) provides improved insulation and energy efficiency.
- Standard Single Flap can be used in situations where insulation is not needed (i.e. installing in an interior door)
FRAME: Extruded heavy aluminum frame
- Inner Frame:
- Made of two separate metal extrusions
- Three sides entrap the security cover
- Both metals are .063" wall thickness
- Outer Frame:
- Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063" wall thickness
- Designed to sleeve into the inside frame
- Flange: The outer frame flange is .070" smaller than the inner frame flange to allow the frame to sleeve together.
- No need to frame out the hole.
- Fits most doors 1 3/8" to 2" thick. If your door is thicker than this, please purchase one of our Hale Pet Doors for walls.
- If your door is thinner than 1 3/8" you can special order down to 5/8" at no extra charge.
- Fully weather-stripped flaps (pile weather-stripping)
- Strong Alnico5 magnets: a 1/4" rod magnet 1 1/2" long made from an aluminum, nickel, and cobalt alloy known for its strength and durability.
- Strikes: Made of ferrous stainless steel. 1 1/2" long, 3/4" tall and 1/32" thick. U shaped with interior prongs, when squeezed onto the vinyl flap, the barbed prongs hold firmly.
- Double flap creates insulated pet door with dead air space between flaps.
- Weather stripping: Flap is surrounded by 1/2" nylon pile for maximum insulation. Nylon is woven into a backing 9/32" wide and 1/32" thick
AVAILABLE IN FOUR COLORS:
- Security cover comes standard on the Door Model as an interior top load version. On occasion there will be an obstruction above the pet door that prevents the security cover from being raised up far enough to remove. In those instances, we provide an optional side load model. We offer 2 materials and color options for this cover.
- Standard covers are made of opaque, textured King Starboard® and available in 4 colors to complement the frame color you choose.
- GE LEXAN polycarbonate security cover:
- Comes in a translucent gray color
- Extremely shock and impact resistant
- Has a 3/8" diameter locking hole and a 3/4" diameter handle hole
- The covers are designed to coordinate with the frame color you choose as follows:
||Dolphin Gray Starboard
||Translucent Gray Lexan
- Dead Bolt Lock (Secures security panel into place).
- Secures security cover in place
- Pin Lock: 1/4" diameter positive action steel pin encased with 5/32" thick fabricated plated steel
- (Required drill bits are included)
- Raincap optional for this door model
- Awning like attachment hooks on to the top edge of the outside frame
- Helps protect against water intrusion
- This option comes at no additional charge if ordered at the time of initial purchase and is not available on any other pet door on the market today
- No other pet door on the market offers this feature
Raincap above shown on wall unit model.