No other brand offers a pet door for screens that is as big as the ones you see here. Hale Pet Doors for screens are designed for maximum stability to withstand use by giant breeds such as Great Danes and Mastiffs.
Hale Pet Doors for screens are the sturdiest design available because they attach to your screen's frame. They attach to the lower-left or lower-right side of your screen (you specify when you order) and also attach across the bottom of your screen.
This is a much more stable design than pet doors that only attach directly to the screen mesh fabric. Even so, this model is a really big pet door! We strongly recommend that you purchase the optional stabilizer bar for sizes this large.
Hale Pet Doors for screens are simple to install in screened porches, sliding screen doors, and some window screens.
The screen model pet door is designed to sit directly atop the screen frame so the "rise" is not adjustable as with our door, wall, or panel models. The passage opening itself starts approximately 1/2" - 1" above the top of the screen frame. Please take this into consideration when deciding which size pet door to order. If you have a larger dog, you may need to order a taller door to have adequate clearance without stooping.
Screen Door Pet Doors Specifications:
Width x Height
Recommended Pet Size
||14" x 19 1/2"
||Large dogs up to 120 lbs
Shoulder height 22" to 24"
|Extra Large Plus
||14" x 23 1/2"
||Larger dogs up to 150 lbs
Shoulder height 25" to 27"
||15 1/2" x 27 1/2"
||Most giant dog breeds such as Great Dane
Shoulder height 25" to 31"
- Single flap made of flexible 3/16" clear PVC vinyl that blends nicely with the screen fabric for an aesthetically pleasing look.
FRAME: Extruded heavy aluminum frame
- Attaches to metal, wood or vinyl screen frames.
- Main Frame: Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063" wall thickness. Straddles the screen frame on outside and bottom.
- Spline Frame: Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063" wall thickness. Attached to main frame and is the top and inner side of the pet door.
As an additional optional feature, we offer a screen stabilizer kit (sold separately). This cross bar can be added to your people door directly above the pet door for added strength and stability. We recommend this option for our pet doors size "Large" and above.
The flaps and weather stripping are made of the same high quality materials on our other models of pet doors and while energy efficiency is not a concern on a screen model, this design makes the Hale Screen Model more "bug-proof" than other doors.
- Strong Alnico Magnets: A 1/4" rod magnet 1 1/2" long made from an aluminum, nickel, and cobalt alloy known for its strength and durability.
- Strikes: Made of ferrous stainless steel. 1 1/2" long, 3/4" tall and 1/32" thick. U shaped with interior prongs, when squeezed onto the vinyl flap, the barbed prongs hold firmly.
- Weather stripping: Flap is surrounded by 1/2" nylon pile for maximum insulation. Nylon is woven into a backing 9/32" wide and 1/32" thick.
AVAILABLE IN FOUR COLORS:
NOTE: Most screen doors or screen windows have the mesh and screen spline on the interior side of the door or window frame. Our screen model will work whether your screen is on the inside or the outside of the frame.