Hale Pet Doors for screens are designed for stability, unlike most others on the market.
Hale Screen Pet Doors are great for sliding screen doors, screened porches and some window screens.
The Hale screen pet door is the strongest design available because it attaches directly onto your screen's frame. (Other brands attach only to the screen mesh...and that is not very stable, or wouldn't be for very long.) It attaches to the lower-left or lower-right side of your screen (you specify when you order) and also attaches to your screen across the bottom.
This is a much sturdier design than pet doors that only attach directly to the screen mesh fabric, especially for larger dogs.
All Hale screen-mount pet doors are designed to sit directly atop the screen frame so the "rise" is not adjustable as with our door, wall, or sliding glass door models. The passage opening itself starts approximately 1/2" - 1" above the top of the screen frame. Please take this into consideration when deciding which size pet door to order. If you have a larger dog, you may need to order a taller door to have adequate clearance without stooping.
Medium Pet Door for Screens Specifications:
Width x Height
Recommended Pet Size
||8 1/2" x 12 1/2"
||Dogs 10 to 35 lbs
Shoulder height 12" to 15"
||8 1/2" x 16"
||Tall dogs up to 45 lbs
Shoulder height 15" to 20"
- Single flap made of flexible 3/16" clear PVC vinyl that blends nicely with the screen fabric for an aesthetically pleasing look.
FRAME: Extruded heavy aluminum frame
- Attaches to metal, wood or vinyl screen frames.
- Main Frame: Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063" wall thickness. Straddles the screen frame on outside and bottom.
- Spline Frame: Extruded 6063-T5 aluminum with .063" wall thickness. Attached to main frame and is the top and inner side of the pet door.
The flaps and weather stripping are made of the same high quality materials on our other models of pet doors and while energy efficiency is not a concern on a screen model, this design makes the Hale Screen Model more "bug-proof" than other doors.
- Strong Alnico Magnets: A 1/4" rod magnet 1 1/2" long made from an aluminum, nickel, and cobalt alloy known for its strength and durability.
- Strikes: Made of ferrous stainless steel. 1 1/2" long, 3/4" tall and 1/32" thick. U shaped with interior prongs, when squeezed onto the vinyl flap, the barbed prongs hold firmly.
- Weather stripping: Flap is surrounded by 1/2" nylon pile for maximum insulation. Nylon is woven into a backing 9/32" wide and 1/32" thick.
AVAILABLE IN FOUR COLORS:
NOTE: Most screen doors or screen windows have the mesh and screen spline on the interior side of the door or window frame. Our screen model will work whether your screen is on the inside or the outside of the frame.