Ideal Ruff Weather Pet Doors come standard with double flaps that are designed to prevent loss of heat and/or air conditioning. If your pet door has a leaky flap you are losing home energy. In some cases the energy loss can be equivalent to actually opening and closing your house door several times a day.
The energy-efficient design of Ruff Weather Doors begins with an insulating air pocket of up to 3 inches between the double flaps. The air pocket provides thermal insulation for added energy savings. If you install a Ruff Weather Pet Door through a wall the air pocket can be as big as 9 inches for maximum thermal insulation.
Ruff Weather Dog Door - Flaps are: 9 3/4 x 17 (w x h)
Rough Cut: 11 1/8 x 19 1/8 (w x h)
Overall Size: 14 x 21 9/16 (w x h)
Ruff Weather Pet Door - Extra Large Features:
- Telescoping structural foam molded plastic frame adjusts to fit doors from 3/4" to 1 3/4" thick
- Optional Wall Tunnel Kit (sold separately) available for installation through walls that are between 4 3/4" and 7 1/4" thick
- Weatherseal & Nylon Window Pile for added insulation.
- Double Vinyl Soft Flap design with a Floating Magnetic Bottom Seal
that creates an energy efficient air pocket for maximum insulation
- Nylon draft restrictor
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Also available in Small, Medium &