PetSafe Freedom Patio Pet Doors are easy to install and will work with the existing lock on your sliding door.
PetSafe Freedom Patio Pet Doors are designed with a versatile latch lock that will work with the existing lock on your door -- whether it is on the right side or on the left side.
Because of the reversible lock, the panel can be installed in a left or right sliding glass door. To see what this patio pet door looks like after installation click on the image at left.
- Panel Size:
- Standard Panel - Adjustable height 76 13/16" to 81"
- Tall Panel - Adjustable height 93" to 96" (tall panel is only available in white)
- Overall Panel Width: 13 3/8"
- Large Flap Size with Standard Riser:
- 10 1/4" Width x 16 3/8" Height Flap opening with a 4 1/4" Pet Door step over rise.
- Ideal for pets up to 100 lbs and up to 20 5/8" high at shoulders
- Large Flap Size with Tall Riser :
- 10 1/4" Width x 16 3/8" Height Flap opening with an 8 1/4" Pet Door step over rise.
- Ideal for pets up to 130 lbs and up to 24 5/8" high at shoulders
Models with Small and Medium pet doors are also available.
PetSafe Freedom Patio Panel Features:
- Heavy duty aluminum frame construction
- Shatter resistant, tempered safety glass
- Unique self-adjusting design for an easy installation with no cutting required
- UltraSeal® all weather, energy conserving flexible flap system reduces energy loss
- Flexible, soft flap with UV sun protection
- Weather stripping, glass sweep, locking security cover included for weather resistance.
- Locking security cover may be installed on either side of the door
- Reversible lock for right or left sliding doors
- Latch lock assembly enables sliding glass door to lock; your home remains secure
- Choose from White, Satin, and Bronze colors
- One year PetSafe Warranty
Choosing the Correct Patio Panel Height, Riser, and Pet Door Size:
- Pet Door - It is very important to measure your pet for the proper size pet door. Guidelines provided by the manufacturer based on pet weight alone may not be sufficient.
- Riser - This is the height of the pet door from the ground (what the pet steps over when entering the pet door). Ideally, your shortest-legged pet should have at least one inch of clearance from the bottom of the pet door to his belly.
- Standard Riser is 4 1/4" high
- Tall Riser is 8 1/4" high
- Panel Height - The PetSafe Freedom Patio Panel Pet Door comes in two heights: Standard and Tall.
- Standard Panel will adjust to fit patio doors from 76 13/16" to 81" high.
- Tall Panel will adjust for patio doors 93" - 96" high (tall is available in white only).
- To determine which height patio panel you need, measure from the lowest point inside the bottom track to the highest point inside the top track. See diagram below.
- An installation video is provided below that will show valuable instructions how to measure and install your new PetSafe Freedom Patio Panel Pet Door.
GROUND SHIPPING ONLY: These doors cannot be shipped via Air Shipping due to the size of the package and the chance of damage. Due to the shipping restrictions, we are unable to ship Patio Panels outside the Continental United States. In addition, shipment to Alaska or Hawaii will incur a substantial additional charge.