The PetSafe Ultrasonic Bark Control - PetSafe PBC-1000 - also called the PetSafe Indoor Bark Control, is a bark control device that can help safely control your dog's barking from up to 25 feet away. Whenever your dog barks, a 2-second ultrasonic tone correction is delivered either automatically or manually - your choice. The high pitched tone will startle your dog and should lead to a reduction in barking. No receiver collar is necessary, but your dog will learn to associate his barking behavior with the unpleasant sound that can only be heard by dogs – not by most humans.
The PetSafe PBC-1000 is activated by either a dog’s bark or manually by anyone holding the sonic bark control unit. Face the PetSafe sonic bark control unit toward your barking dog for best results. You should notice a reduction in your dog’s barking within the first two weeks of use.
Not only can the PetSafe Ultrasonic Bark Control unit be used to reduce unwanted barking, but is it also effective in eliminating other unwanted behaviors such as jumping on furniture. As soon as your pet begins the first sign of misbehavior, just press the manual function button of the sonic bark control unit. Hold the button for up to 2 seconds and release the button as soon as your pet stops the bad behavior. Reward your pet with praise when the poor behavior has subsided.
PetSafe Ultrasonic Bark Control Features:
- No receiver collar needed
- Tabletop or handheld use
- Microphone in unit detects barking
- For best results, use indoors. Please see the ultrasonsic bark control category for bark control units designed for outdoor use.
- Creates a bark-free zone for one or more dogs.
- Device emits a loud ultrasonic tone that is inaudible to humans .
- Activated automatically by dogs bark or manually by the owner.
- 25 Foot range
- Frequency: 20 kHz
- 3" Height x 5" Width x 2.75" Depth
- Uses a common 9-volt alkaline battery (not included). Average battery life is 2 months. To conserve battery remove from unit when not in use.
Note: Ultrasonic technology may not be strong enough correction for many stubborn
dogs, but usually works very well for soft and easy dogs. If you need a stronger
correction, please consider any of our popular electric bark collars. See our training
tips for useful information about bark control. Bark control products should not be used on aggressive dogs. Aggression may increase with the use of such products. Contact your local veterinarian or dog trainer to determine the reasons for your dog’s aggressive behavior.
Also, note that all pets within hearing range will be affected by the PetSafe ultrasonic bark control unit.