Expand your in-ground pet fencing system with the purchase of this extra boundary wire. For use with PetSafe and Innotek in-ground pet fencing containment systems.
- Includes 500 feet of boundary wire only
- 20-gauge solid copper wire
- Yellow insulation
- Cardboard spool
** Manufacturing has made some updates to this product. Image may not be identical to actual product.
Used with the following in-ground pet fencing systems:
- PetSafe In-Ground Pet Fence Systems
- SD-2000 SmartDog Basic In-Ground Pet Fence
- SD-2100 SmartDog Rechargeable Collar Pet Fence
- SD-2200 SmartDog Deluxe Rechargeable Collar Pet Fence
- SD-3000 SmartDog Contain 'N' Train Pet Fence
- SD-3100 SmartDog Deluxe Contain 'N' Train Pet Fence
- HF-25W Pet Containment System
- CT-400A SmartDog Contain 'N' Train 2-Dog System
- CB-100W SmartDog Contain 'N' Bark System
Use the chart below to determine exactly how much wire you'll need based on the size of the area you want to secure. Keep in mind that creating interior loops to boundary off areas like gardens, swimming pools or other protected areas will use more wire.
Amount of Wire Needed
For larger areas, use the following formula:
Multiply the total acreage by 43,000- i.e.: 10 acres x 43,000 = 430,000
Find the square root of the above number - square root of 430,000 = 656 (this is the length of each side of a 10 acre area that is square in shape. Even if your area is not square, if you multiply this number by four, this is the approximate length of the four sides of a 10 acre area.)
Therefore, one would need approximately 2,625 feet of wire to enclose the perimeter of a 10 acre area. You will need additional wire to run from the transmitter to the perimeter and/or for any interior loops, etc.