Finally -- a sturdy dog ramp for cars! Just attach the optional Side Entry Support Strap to your PetSTEP Folding Pet Ramp and you are good to go!
Dog ramps for cars are not easy to find because most car doors do not open wide enough to allow you to rest the entire top of a ramp safely onto the car seat.
Most car doors only open wide enough to allow the ramp to approach the car seat at an angle so that only one top corner of the ramp will rest on the seat. The other top corner hangs over the seat and has no support so the ramp is not stable and could tip.
But now there's a solution! One end of the Side Entry Support Strap attaches to the side of the PetSTEP Folding pet ramp that is not supported by the car seat, the other end hooks onto the car door window frame. Just adjust the strap length to stabilize the ramp and your pet can easily enter and exit your car safely.
PetStep Side Entry Support Strap Features:
- For use with the PetSTEP Folding Pet Ramp (222K & 222G) ONLY (sold separately)
- Rubber coated steel hook won't damage the paint on your vehicle
- Adjustable nylon support strap
- Easily attaches in seconds without tools
- Can be used on either side of the vehicle
- Drawstring carry bag and installation instructions included
Side Entry Support Strap Installation Guide:
- Position the PetStep dog ramp in the side door of your car so that one upper corner of the ramp is resting on the car seat.
- One end of the Side Entry Support Strap has a silver hook. Insert the silver hook into the slot on the corner of the dog ramp that is not resting on the car seat.
- Lock the hook into position by rotating upwards as shown.
- Hook the other end of the strap onto the car door window frame as shown. This hook is rubber-coated steel and will not damage the paint on your car.
- Adjust the strap length so it is taut. Just lift the tab on the buckle to adjust and then close the tab to lock into place.
- Now the corner of the dog ramp that is not resting on the car seat is secured, preventing it from tipping!